Saturday, December 19, 2009

Will Gays go to Hell?

They say people nowadays are more lenient in terms of sexuality. For me, this idea pertains only to a portion of the vast population especially here in the Philippines, where the party list "Ladlad" has recently been denied of accreditation for the upcoming 2010 elections. One bishop voiced out his support to this decision by clarifying that the church acknowledges the existence of gays, lesbians, and transgenders but totally against their "immoral acts". On the other hand, Danton Remoto, Ateneo de Manila University professor and co-founder of "Ladlad", is still determined to apply a motion for reconsideration in spite of the fact that Comelec has junked their application not only once for grounds I'm really unsure if they have sufficient basis on. Comelec emphasized that they dismissed the group based on "moral grounds", but I don't think they're really getting the main point of this issue. What this group and everyone else in the country or in the world who are members of the so-called "third sex" want is an equal human rights and privileges. I don't know, but many people are still closed-minded in terms of homosexuality. This is the main reason why I'm still terrified to come out of my shell and tell my family and the whole world that I'm gay. If biblical testimonies are purely true, then homosexuals are condemned to go to hell if will not change their ways. No wonder a lot of gays are selfishly indulging in same-sex relationship, oral, and anal sex without any clear concern on the possible outcomes of these "imoral" actions. This brought me back to the conversation I had with a gentleman across the globe about the question I posted on a christian networking site about a year and a half ago. I wondered during that time if there's any hope for homosexuality and the corresponding punishments for those who have sinned sexually. These are the written conversation that took place afterwards:
----- Original Message ----
From: LUISITO BATONGBAKAL
To: davidabc13@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:56:31 PM
Subject: my answer to the question you posted in christianster advice segment

hi!just to clarify some things about me that you think is unclear. First of all, I would like to thank you for giving sound advice to the ordeal that I've been going through. You sound very willing to help me have a clearer perspective about the things that bother me. I think I'm already saved, as far as I'm concerned, because I have a personal relationship with God and continually growing since I accepted Him as my personal Savior. But I still consider myself a "baby christian" taking "baby steps" for a complete spiritual growth and enlightenment. You know, I'm still at the point of struggling to let go of the past and of the old ways and habits that have been part of my daily life. Spiritual growth cannot be achieved overnight......it takes time and I believe that with proper guidance and training I can finally let go of this sinful feelings and be emancipated from the evil bondage. It's a struggle every time the evil sets some temptations to trap me but I'm willing to change my ways. I'm tired of it already. Like an alcoholic willing to go to a program that will extinguish his cravings for alcohol, I'm willing to go to any 'rehab' whatever to be free from this feelings. I didn't chose to be like this, I think it's there since birth. So, if you are asking that how assured I am that I'm saved, I could say with conviction that I am. But if you are implying that I would not be saved just because I still have some issues regarding my sexuality, then it's up to you.......you don't know what I'm going through, in the first place. Thank you and God bless you!

Full MessageRe: my answer to the question you posted n christianster advice segment,
From: david chan View Contact
To: LUISITO BATONGBAKAL


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first of all, thank you for clarifying this.



i just want you to know that praying a sinner's prayer and accepting Jesus as a personal savior is NOT how the Bible says a person is saved. i sure hope that you are not relying on a prayer and a decision for your salvation. that is a common tragedy of modern evangelicalism today. a person to be saved will show signs of godly sorrow, counting the cost, and NEW desires. the NEW desires come from a NEW heart which God gives.



yes, sancitification is a process. spiritual growth is a process that is not overnight. that is true. but that spiritual growth is in terms of maturity, character, and priorities. the DESIRES are overnight. i'm glad that you are in church though, receiving guidance and counseling. that is very good. in fact, my advice would be for you to you talk to your pastor about this, or someone in church who you have a personal relationship with, someone you can trust, and someone who will NOT gossip and NOT spread what you would talk about. pray about who it is in your church that you can talk to for counselling because it is very crucial that accountability be taken in your growth regarding your faith.



remember john3:19-21 and ephesians 5:11. be encouraged to take that step to expose this so that the enemy cannot condemn you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment