Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Big "C": A Year Ender

I started the year '09 and will hopefully embrace the new year with the big "C" almost filling up every nooks and crannies of my own personal life. To begin with, there's nothing unusual with that as the big "C" or CHANGE, as we all know, has been a constant companion of human existence. However, this year that is about to conclude has brought me a different perspective of change, so to speak. I experienced first hand a lot of changes in my life that have helped me change my old, immature ways. Although most of them are excruciating emotionally, I'm glad to admit that they have helped me mold my personality and become a better person. That was March 2009 when my family left the apartment where I have spent almost ten years of my life. The owner was planning to change the house into a store and they thought it would be better if they will just kick us out as we don't pay the monthly rental fee regularly. From there we spent one month at my uncle's place until we finally had our new house. I was forced to stop my studies to finance the construction, which turned out to be a good decision by the way. I applied and eventually was accepted to work as a technical support representative in a Makati call center. It was my personal decision to grab that opportunity and it went smoothly, with myself learning a lot of essential values from that job, until my termination last November. Even though I encountered another setback, I'm happy because I get to spend my holidays with my family and have all the time I needed now to review for the upcoming NMAT in April, which is the first step in my dream of becoming a doctor. Certainly, I have learned how to get the best out of a life that has been on a roller-coaster ride. In addition to that, I feel more confident and equipped now to face the multitude of changes that the coming year might offer. Because of the setbacks I have encountered, I'm now more ready than ever before to embrace the pains and glories of the inevitable big "C". This coming new year, CHANGE is everything.......


A flashback......

One of my last pictures back at school:


Change is the rolling stone…
Continuous and driven by cause,
Desiring a change is not enough…
Molding oneself with the change is the game.



With my call center buddies:


Change your dressing style, change your ways…
Cut your hairs or change your name,
Get a makeover or change with trends…
The soul remains the same.



In front of our new desktop and inside of our new house (the calm after the storm):


We cry with change, we grow with change…
Longing for change still unprepared for change,
Sometimes surprised sometimes disheartened …
We move on with the change.


Hoping for a blessed life for the new year ahead. Happy new year everyone!!


Life has a call to make to the phenomenal change…
A change to meet the azure high,
Smile back to the setbacks and walk on the miles ahead…
Standing falling all these way I am a better me each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment