Friday, December 18, 2009

Confessions from an O.S.Y.


Hibernating. That's the gerund that best describes my lifestyle right now. I prefer using that label rather than 'unemployed' or 'couch potato'- - they're just too painful to hear for me. And besides, even though I'm currently on a temporary vacation, I'm not idling and wasting my time for nothing. Given the fact that I was terminated from my previous call center job, currently taking medications for my 6 months of PTB treatment, and waiting for my contract as an online features writer,I still do have the penchant to make my life as productive as possible. Aside from blogging, I always see to it that I have my own share of household chores to make my mom's life less miserable. Well, the truth of the matter is I find my life as an O.S.Y. (unemployed and sick out-of-school youth) miserable more often than not. Perhaps because I lose my bread and butter but that's not exactly the case. I'm sick already of the terrible lifestyle I was able to experience first hand in the call center. During my first few months on the production floor, my biological clock literally turned upside down and I had learned how to make starbucks coffee as my best pal for the first time. I was able to tolerate those as expected but the incovenience I got from not having much time to spend with my friends and family, and the danger of travelling via a passenger jeep/bus during the earliest hours of the morning are just too much for me. Ironically, there is a part of me that is grateful for what happened because I will have now the time to spend Christmas with my family. So obviously, my unemployment status is not the thing that puts me down. I could blame it on my hair, the changes I've witnessed in my facial skin because of stress and pollution or to our EVER-RELIABLE broadband connection (I'm getting sarcastic if you don't get it). I'm planning to switch my ISP next week because globe tattoo is just too much for me to handle. Everytime I surf the internet, it will be a miracle if I won't experience any drop in the connection. God! I do blogging everyday but it takes longer that it should to connect or upload because of GLOBE'S unreliable and stupid connection. I'm using prepaid service but I don't think the type of my subscription or the area where I'm at have something to do with the quality of service that I'm currently receiving. Their technical support representatives are equally dumb in providing instructions in fixing my issue. I mean, I worked as a tech support rep for 6 months and I didn't let my clients to experience the same inconvenience over and over again. I'm really frustrated with the service and I will switch to other company as soon as possible (I hope someone from Globe will get to read this). Perhaps this is the major factor why I'm not enjoying my vacation but personally, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm totally frustrated because after almost 6 years in college, I still don't have the much coveted diploma and hasn't experienced yet the thrill of marching into that stage to get the thing. I've been in and out of school during that period because of financial reasons and this coming school year, whether I like it or not, I'll be returning back to school to finish what I've left. Maybe this could be my final year. I'm hoping and praying to God that after so many years, I finally can take my final steps in college. It's excruciating to see my batchmates going abroad or reaping the early fruits of their jobs while I'm still here, waiting for next year to return back to college, still the same guy that hasn't prove anything in life yet. But I'm still hoping and dreaming that someday I can be what I'm destined to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment