Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Journey back to Ayala


One adjective to describe my day: exhausting. I was back again in Ayala, Makati to receive my final pay from my previous employer this morning, just in time for the holiday season. When I got the check from the bank teller, my depression suddenly turned into elation. Finally, I don't have to worry about shopping expenses now that I have enough bucks in my pocket. In addition to that, I was grateful that my previous employer took the time to send an e-mail to the bank to resolve some of my identification issues. I was on the brink of emotional outburst when one of the bank tellers present on that busy bank told me that my registered name should be identical to those secondary IDs I brought. Sadly, I was registered in the bank with a 'Jr.' as a name extension not with the two IDs (namely Phil Health and TIN IDs, respectively) I brought this morning. As what is expected, they were not stupid enough to believe that I'm the 'Jr.' and my father is the 'Sr.' obviously. They needed a tangible proof or an e-mail verification from the company. I started to realize that I should have included my complete name in all of my IDs, as what my parents always reiterates to me. Luckily, I was obstinate enough to go directly to our main office nearby because the payroll department was not available for phone transactions. They gave me quick steps to follow and at about 2 pm in the afternoon, I was able to make check encashment. What a day, I thought, but at least I have the money now in my pocket, a proof of almost 7 months of hardwork and patience. Before I departed, I took some farewell pictures of Ayala, Makati just for me to have some mementos of the places I spent some time with. Perhaps, I'll be back some time here in the near future, to work clad with a corporate attire like most of the yuppies here or just to make some simple visits. I'ts sayonara for now, Makati!Until we meet again.


Map of Makati


A stroll to remember (Makati Ave.)



Makati Medical Center, the hospital for the rich and famous



Taking the underpass....



A Christmas Carol in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment