Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love/Hate Being Single


It's the season of loving, kissing, and dating but I'm still single. Well, I've been single for the longest time so I'm supposed to be comfortable of that fact. But being single since birth sometimes give you enough time to contemplate of what could have been if I have a reason to celebrate the season of love. In the first place, I have God, my family, and a handful of friends that will suffice me to celebrate but I'm pertaining to a different kind of love; The type that will make me blush and activate my cardiovascular system for good. Ever since I decided to stay single, I made it clear to myself that career and family are the top two priorities of my life. But as a human being, it is safe to say that a natural longing for intimate relationship was intricately embedded in our genes. It is during this time that I get the chance to think about my possible options in the near future. I can meet someone special and nurture this relationship or stay single and make the best out of my career. Whatever the outcome will be, I think my own happiness will matter above all. I choose to stay single because of convenience. I don't have to worry about financial burden, stress, and extreme time limitations that one will get upon entering a serious relationship. In addition to that, I prefer spending my time achieving professional and personal growth rather than wasting it with a money-reducing partner. But I admit that sometimes being single for so many years now has its own downside. I don't get the chance to mature emotionally as I haven't experienced how to be involved in a romantic commitment. There's no way for me to appreciate romantic movies because I would love to label myself as a hard-working isolate than a hopeless romantic. But as I said earlier, being single is all about personal choice. I choose to be single and will stay to be one as long as I feel it to be convenient. On the other hand, this decision should not completely be based from the principle of pragmatism. Whatever decision we make in life,as long as we are happy for it and we think that its the one that will work best for us, nothing should be worried about. Life is all about choice, happiness, and above all, love. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment