Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Farewell, My Friend"


          You were there when I'm weary and need someone to talk to. You were there during my lowest point and always reminds me that life is not all about accolades and distinctions; that there is more to life than petty anxieties and useless apprehensions about the future. You've taught me how to be patient, to love unconditionally, to look past the imperfections and see the inner beauty of someone you love, and above all, you've made me realize that genuine happiness is beyond fancy cars, designer clothes, or any material things in this world; that happiness and love are inseparable. You are an angel in disguise, sent by God to bring us back to reality that simple things , indeed, make people happy beyond compare. For some people you are just a dumb four-legged creature but for me, you are like my little brother who knows how to feel loved and give love to those people who really care for you. During those 10 precious months that we were together, I have felt that being single is totally fine as long as I'm with compassionate companions like you.
        We have seen you grow, stayed by your side when you are weak and need some care, provided you with food, shelter, and genuine love yet, all of these seem to be not enough to show you how much our family loves you. I thought that our friendship story will last longer but life is so short and unpredictable, we never really know what God has in store for us. You left us last night, bewildered and devastated for a loss as intense as a death of a beloved blood relative. You died in my arms while we're on our way to the vet but during those two days that you battled with death, I know that you wanted to live longer because you love us and you are a natural-born fighter. It's causing us so much pain, far from being describable because you're more than a pet to us....you are the light of our lives. Although I'm a bit frustrated that God took you earlier than I expected, I'm thanking Him because He used you to teach us lessons, to strengthen ourselves, to touch our inner souls, and to emphasize that every aspects of life is not worth taking for granted. This blog entry is dedicated especially for you to show you how much I value a great soul like you.
          Once again, though words are not enough to express what my bleeding heart feels, I want to say I LOVE YOU my angel, my friend, my little brother, my loving dog. I hope you're in His safe arms right now, doing what a loving dog is supposed to do. I LOVE YOU but we know life is short and yours is borrowed also like the rest of us. I LOVE YOU but God has a Divine Purpose for your death. I LOVE YOU but you need to leave, at least just for now because somewhere in the future, I know we'll meet again. I LOVE YOU but death is an inevitable existence. Farewell, MOJACKO! Farewell, my friend! I will miss you! 'Til we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment