Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Hiatus '10

Summer has just arrived and finding a soothing haven from the scorching heat of the sun is the best way to fill in the summer hiatus. It's a good thing I decided to join my group for a 2-day trip to Batangas, the only invitation I accepted, turned down the rest because of my tight budget for the impending start of another school year. It took us 4-5 hours before getting to the nearest resort, spending the first few hours with my groupmate's family, who prepared a mouth-watering lomi, a local delicacy that is a feast to the eyes.



Lomi Batangas
  
It's a satisfying meal albeit the sauce is thicker than the ordinary lomi. After that sumptuous meal, we trekked to the beach and spent the night there with few bottles of beer and a variety of grilled dishes that were equally satisfying. Nothing's special with the resort but I was thankful that I got the chance to open up with some of my groupmates regarding my sexuality that night, which was a great relief for me because I don't want to pretend anymore with this group whom I will spend my last year as a nursing student with. It's really nice to have a break every now and then, especially in my case, where stress is a normal part of daily life. I'm looking forward for this coming schoolyear, partly for the skills/knowledge that I will learn and relearn but mostly for the new faces and friends that I will meet. I feel that I'm about to start from scratch but with God on my side, I know that I can surpass all the challenges that this new chapter of my life will offer. I still hope that there's still light at the end of the tunnel, something  that I can look forward to, something that I will care for like my new friends that I met this summer, and something that is truly worth dying for.....'til next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment